The Office of the University Registrar serves all of Golden Gate University's schools. In addition to meeting with us in the office, you may meet with us remotely during our morning Zoom office hours, or you may schedule an appointment to meet with us in the afternoon.


Mon - Thu: 9 am - 6:30 pm
Fri: 9 am - 5:30 pm

Mon - Thu: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm



?The federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 identifies the rights of students and their families with respect to student educational records kept by institutions. The following information provides operational procedures for certain aspects of FERPA-related policies at Golden Gate University.


?Most students can register for most courses online via the myGGU portal.

  • Registration for an academic period begins approximately seven weeks before the start of the "A" (trimester) term, per the Academic Calendar.
  • Students may be allowed to add courses after the "Last Day to Register/Add Course" per the Academic Calendar, by completing the Late Registration Process. The process requires submission of the following to the Registrar's Office:
    • Approval of the course instructor
    • Approval of a senior administrator of the school offering the course, such as the dean, program director, or department chair
    • Payment of the $100 Late Registration Fee

Golden Gate University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide an online transcript ordering service. You can order your transcript using any major credit card. Your credit card will not be charged until your order is completed.

  • To order an official transcript(s), go to the Transcript Ordering Center site. You can also track your transcript order via the Transcript Order Status page. In addition, you can choose to receive email and/or text?communications regarding your order status.
  • To avoid having to sign a consent form, start the ordering process from your myGGU or GGU4YOU account. Otherwise, you can sign the consent form using your device.
  • The Clearinghouse website will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. A fee of $10 per transcript copy and a processing fee of $2.50 per recipient will be charged. You can order as many transcripts as you wish in a single order, provided they are all sent to the same recipient.
  • Attention Law School JD students: If you are seeking to transfer to another law school, in addition to ordering an official transcript, you will also need to request a letter of "good" academic standing by completing and?submitting the Student Status Letter Request form to You may also need to have your Law School Admissions Council Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report sent directly from LSAC to the school to which you are attempting to transfer.
  • If you need to change the legal name that will appear on your transcript before ordering a copy, submit the Student Information Change Request form, and wait until we have confirmed your name change before submitting an order.
  • Download our Transcript Ordering Fast Facts for general transcript ordering information.

If you need further assistance, would like to order a transcript off-line, or have questions regarding your order, you may contact us at or 415-442-7260. If you have requested your order online via the National Student Clearinghouse, please include your order number in your communication to us.


The Records Office will notarized your diploma (and transcripts if needed) in order to be authenticated by the California Secretary of State to become legal in certain countries outside of the United States. Please note that the Records Office does not provide the Apostille or Certification. You must obtain it from the California Secretary of State after you receive your notarized diploma. You may submit your copy of your diploma for notarization or request a new copy using the Additional Diploma/Certificate Request form. There is a charge of $10 for the notarized diploma. If you need to change your legal name-of-record before ordering a diploma, submit the Student Information Change Request form.

If you need further assistance or have questions, you may contact us at


Golden Gate University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide verification of our graduates' degrees and current students' enrollment information. Outside organizations or persons can obtain a verification using any major credit card. The requestors' credit card will only be charged if the degree can be verified.


Domestic students may obtain an enrollment verification certificate from the National Student Clearinghouse. (GGU4YOU login required.)